The material is a programme for a professional workshop, which theme is connected to the assessment of students. Its aim to define the content of the constructive, mutual feedback, realized in a supportive learning environment. Participants can practice the effective technics of this kind of assessment in the learning process, which is based on partnership. In the workshop participants can share their good practice, and can plan the possible improvements.
It is a teachers’ workshop programme of 120 minutes. The main topics of the workshop are the following:
- Expectations of the participants
- The prior knowledge of the participants on the topic of the constructive assessment.
- Theory and practice of the partnership-based assessment. (Happy Math, MAG, GYH, self-evaluation, etc.)
- Preparing for realizing one new method
- SWOT analysis of the chosen method
- Feedback of the participants
- Participants individually answer the following 2 questions (10'):
1.1 Personal expectations of the workshop.
1.2 In what competence does he/she want to develop?
Participants share their answers in plenary.
- The prior knowledge and professional experiences of the participants on the theme of the constructive assessment. They fill in an online questionnaire individually, and discuss the results in plenary.(10')
- The theory of the partnership-based asssessment. Global summary of the theory. Groupwork with concept cards. (10')
- Handouts, ppt presentation (40')
- Reflections, questions and answers on the good practises (20')
- Groupwork: creating questionnairs for students on the basis of the choosen good practice (15')
- Groupwork is continuing. Participants make the SWOT analysis of the choosen method. (15')
- Lessons and summary. (10')
You can use it as a CPD programme of 120 minutes, ending with the closing qustions, or you can ask participants to decide to change one or two elements of their daily work. In this case you can organise a month later a reflecting workshop.